Green Cross International
The mission of Green Cross International is to respond to the combined challenges of security, poverty and environmental degradation to ensure a sustainable and secure future. It seeks solutions through dialogue, mediation and co-operation. To achieve this, GCI:
- Promotes legal, ethical and behavioural norms that ensure basic changes in the values, actions and attitudes of government, the private sector and civil society, necessary to develop a sustainable global community;
- Contributes to the prevention and resolution of conflicts arising from environmental degradation;
- Provides assistance to people affected by the environmental consequences of wars, conflicts and man made calamities.
Areas of activity
GCI operates three initiatives under the Value Change programme:
- Education for Environmental Sustainability
- Promoting the values of the Earth Charter
- Organizing Earth Dialogues
Discover more about the Value Change programme!
Preventing and resolving conflicts over natural resources
Green Cross works to prevent and resolve conflicts arising from environmental degradation and the growing demand for increasingly scarce natural resources with a focus on addressing the global water and energy challenges.
Addressing environmental consequences of wars, conflicts and man-made calamities
GCI actively supports global and national campaigns to the safe and environmentally sound elimination of weapons of mass destruction and also mitigate the social, health and environmental impacts of conflicts, as well as nuclear, chemical, and biological contamination.