Joint international Master Course in Medical Biotechnology
PURPOSE OF THE MASTER IN MEDICAL BIOTECHNOLOGY
To offer the opportunity of higher education in theoretical and experimental biotechnology, in order to provide advanced knowledge and practical skills to researchers and technologists in the areas of medical biotechnology that may contribute to the development of research, service and training particularly in the areas of Medicine and Health.
OCCUPATIONAL PROFILE OF GRADUATES
- Clinical laboratories
- Laboratory of Hygiene of Food and Water and environment
- Biotechnology companies
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Centers and research Institutes
- Laboratories of Universities and Research Institutes
- Technical office in Public and private health sector
PROFESSIONAL PROFILE OF GRADUATES
- Identify suitable procedures and standards of biosafety in laboratory for any specific situation.
- Describe the general concepts and applications in different areas of biotechnology.
- Utilize knowledge on synthesis, structure and function of proteins and nucleic acids.
- Understand the potential of stem cells for research and therapeutics.
- Integrate the knowledge of the mechanisms of inter and intra cell interaction in the context of the body and biological associations.
- Mastering tools for analysis of biological systems.
- Identify the potential of systems biology.
- Identify the potential of genetic transformation applied to product development and study of biological processes.
- Interpret relevant legislation, national and international rules on biosafety and bioethics.
- Identify opportunities biotechnology business and technical principles of installing a biotechnology company.
- Select and interpret relevant literature.
ACCESS TO THE MASTER
The target groups for the Master in Medical Biotechnology are licensed professionals in Medicine, Biological sciences, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine and related areas.
Applications will be considered by the Committee of the Master, and approved by the Master Director, according to the regulation of Masters Courses of HCMP, Hue University.